Mr. Iorga Stefan

IGES Sections to Offset file

Good morning,

I have a ship lines plan originated from Tribon (Lines).

I can export all the curves to Rhino in IGES format and then, the hard way, divide the stations into 60 - 80 points, then export to Excel and sort each station by Z values, resulting the offset file to be used with ShipFlow.

This is how at school we work. It's a tremendous job to sort over a hundred stations in Excel.

I wander if there is an easier way to do this, given the IGES file with sections, waterlines, buttocks, boundary curves.

Thank you very much!

Hello,

I was very busy these days, sorry for not replying sooner.

I am afraid I can't share the model since it's for a commercial work.

Meanwhile, I've exported the model in rhino, I'm working the surfaces in the aft part, fore it's done.

I think it's simpler this way, I can modify the PMB easily, even in Caeses I have a lot of utilities to transform the hull.

Afterwards, ShipFlow knows how to manage IGES surfaces to generate a very nice offset file, much better than I would manually.

My only question remains if ShipFlow's offset generator will work on IGES trimmed surfaces, since I had unfortunate results in a FEA software importing trimmed IGES surfaces - it "seen" the trim.

Thank you very much!

Later edit:

If you'd like, I can generate a IGES 3D lines plan for KCS, for example, and share it.