Ms. Dimitrios Makris

Section Group

Hello everyone,

I face a problem with section group update and especially in the bulbous bow. When the surface of the bulbous bow changes because of related parameters variation, the section group at that region does not change at all, as it normally should.

I started erasing the irrelevant surfaces and curves in order to make my project smaller and upload it here, and when I did that everything worked properly in the BB region. Please advice. If I have to sent my full project please let me know and I can send it with e-mail.

Best regards,

Makris Dimitrios

HI,

One option to find the problem is the DependencyTree. Right click on the sectionGroup and select "show dependencies", then check the suppliers. If the surfaces are not part of the supply chain, the problem is in the model, if they are, the problem might be a bug.

Cheers

Claus

Hi again,

The surfaces that change are directly related to the section group so this should be a bug. I also tried to separate the BB Section Group from the Section Group of the hull but still does not work. Thanks anyway.

Best,
Makris Dimitrios

Hi Dimitrios,

Thanks for the report. This issue is fixed. The Fix will be included in the next minor release (3.1.2).

In the meantime, you might work around this issue by not using polysurfaces as source for sectiongroups or breps but use the source surfaces instead.

Cheers,

Stefan