Mr. Tonci Pirovic

Tank half full

Hi,

I'm trying to model a tentative tank configuration and so far I've managed to simulate movement of the fluid level more or less as I wanted ( only in a wireframe though)...Geometry of the fluid free surface is quite interesting. It's self-adaptive to number of tank sides at current elevation...But to complete the model I need to answer few more questions :huh:

1) how to model a solid below the fluid level? The idea is to track the current percent of tank filled in relation to full tank capacity.

2) is there a way to avoid warning masage for projection curve |tank|fluid|level|outerLevel|outerLvl2 , which cannot be generated    above a certain point?

thanks in advance,

Tonci

tank filling.fdbc

post-132-0-59126100-1401141338_thumb.jpg

Hi Tonci,

Very nice example, thank you! I have added two solids. One based on the full tank, one cut at the z-coordinate of your reference point "anchor". The solids can tell you the volume. The bar chart shows you the relative filling grade and the volume itself.

post-20-0-28819100-1401175595_thumb.png

Cheers

Claus

tankFillingWithSolid.fdbc

Hi Claus,

I've encountered some difficulties reading the file...certain functionality seems to be missing in version I have ( FProjectionCurveObsolete ) so model is only partly evaluated...But anyway, I was able to check new TriMesh definitions...

Whow! This postprocessing TriMesh functions are really, really powerful !   

Thank you very much for these insights! 

Tonci

Sorry Tonci,

I have worked with the new release and we have replaced the projectionCurve and kept the old one as FProjectionCurveObsolete. Happy to see examples like the one you provided.

Cheers

Claus