I am trying to calculate the area of my deck space on a fishing vessel. I am unsure how to (.getArea) for my needed curve. I know that I have to set planes and that 0=x-plane, 1=y-plane and 2=z-plane. My deck curve is created as a section related to the depth of the vessel.

image.thumb.png.d71993ff7216ff8f97931f2ce9dc9a68.png

Hi CJ,

you can simply create a parameter in your project and set it to

myCurve.getArea(0,2)

As you said, 0 corresponds to the x-axis (along which you want to integrate) and 2 is the z-plane (looking at the deck curve from the top of the hull).

Cheers,
Heinrich

Thank you Mr Von Zadow,

Because the deck curve is actually a sectional line, when I try .getArea it only comes up with .getAreaSpannedWithVector. I have tried making multiple intersection curves with a surface 0.65*height of the vessel, but I cannot make a polycurve between these four curves for some reason.

Is there a function to create one curve from the section curve? Then I should be able to .getArea between that curve and my XZ plane.

Or is there a function that a plane surface intersects multiple hull surfaces to create one curve?

Is there a tutorial on how to use 'Planar Brep Edge'? Is this an easier way to get my deck area? Or can I not use this function when my hull is split into multiple sections?

I appreciate the replies, thank you

image.thumb.png.26ef104fcea3d1f629993a1b5b4dc58c.png