Carlos Almeida

SSH Resource Manager Address

Hello,

I'm having some trouble to define the "SSH Resource Manager Address" on Software Connector. It isn't the IP of the cluster I'll be using (and where the version of Star-CCM where i'm running the simulations is installed). What is it?

Best regards,

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

the SSH Resource manager is an addon to CAESES which has to be purchased separately. After purchase, the SSH Resource Manager Server must be installed on a host in your network, e.g. the cluster main node. If you have installed this already, please ask your network manager where it is installed.

Best regards,

Hedi

• Like 1

Hi Carlos,

there are two ways to do that:

1) You could write a script that sends the computation to the cluster, waits until it is finished and copies the result back. You can run this as a local computation on your workstation where CAESES is installed.

2) You can install CAESES in your cluster, there is a CRT version, that does not require a GUI (CAESES runs in batch mode). Then you can start design engine runs from the command line. Note, that you have to set up an appropriate software connector before, e.g. if you use a resource manager to submit the computations you need a script that submits the job and waits for the result to come back.

Best regards,

Hedi

• Like 1

Hello Hedi,

To do the 1st option, could I, for example, just change the highlighted line on the print screen? This is from the setup.java file that goes into the "Input Files" of the Software Connector.

Best regards,

Carlos

836545492_Capturadetela2023-09-29122921.png.c85f3bf84ccc72a2a78381e75d182a64.png