Sign in to follow this  
Junwei

Updating Design Engine after Baseline Design Changes

Hello,

I have a few design engines set up (Sobol, and NSGA-II) based off a baseline design. After performing the design space exploration and MOO, I made some changes to the curves in the baseline design, and was wondering if there is any way to regenerate the design variants from the existing generated designs with the same design variables value per design variant (i.e., updating the existing designs with the new curves from the baseline design), or is the only way to run the design engines again (and risk having different values for the design variables, as is the case for the NSGA-II)?

Thank you!

Hi Junwei,

It is not possible to simply update a result pool after changing anything of the baseline model, because it is not comparable to existing designs anymore. That is why you need to run the Design Engines again.

But there is a difference between "Optimization Methods" and "Design Space Exploration". Especially using the sobol is very much what you want. If the setup of the sobol does not change (using the same design variables with the same starting values within the same bounds) you will receive the same "randomised" designs space even if the baseline model was changed.

This is not possible for any Optimization Method. 

Best,

Carl