Carlos Simões

Generating a Definition

Hello,

I am currently following the parametric aft ship tutorial and applying it to my project. However, I am experiencing some problems when I have to create a Feature Definition from a selection.

I am trying to generate a part of the hull, as you can see in the attached file. According to the tutorial, to generate my Definition, I should select everything except "param", which is an input to the Curve Engine. However, I am not sure what is meant by "everything". I have tried selecting the "section" curve (the one that sweeps) and the points used to generate it, but the Definition fails.

What am I doing wrong? I have completed all the tutorials and have created Definitions easily before, but I am still feeling lost.

I am also attaching a part of the tutorial that explains how to create a Definition.

Best regards,

Carlos

caesesdef.png

caesestut.png

Hi Carlos,

When you are creating a feature definition by the selection of entities through gui, all objects selected become a definition within your feature. However any unselected entity, if dependent to your selected objects, become an argument(input) for your created Feature Definition.

Also, seems like you have performed an "Execute Definition" operation with no inputs maybe?

Please try to perform "Create Feature" instead of "Execute Definition", which will help you to understand how it works.

Cheers

Ceyhan