KNL21

Issue with fillet in first modeling steps tutorial for a duct

Hi,

I'm a new user to Caeses and have been working through the "first modeling steps" tutorial available here to get familiar with the software: https://watch.caeses.com/w/1vmuNq5DMJoyecvp9Xk6uA

I'm having an issue with the last step in the "final domain" portion, where a fillet is created from the two brep's for the intakeCylinder and ductClosed, respectively. When I activate the filleting option and enter any value in the "Radius/Distance", no fillet is created but instead an error comes up that the filleting operation failed and the duct geometry is no longer shown (see image). I've attached the project file here as well.

I've gone through the tutorial several times now and seem to be following the steps correctly for the last segment, but I haven't been able to debug this issue myself yet. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Best,

Katherine

caeses_tutorial_issue.png

FirstModelingSteps_Fillet.cdb

Hi Katherine,

thank you very much for the hint. This seems to be a bug -- you can get it to work if you "rotate" the profiles (i.e. just add the 4 separate parts in a different order). We'll pass this on to our development and make sure it is fixed with the next maintenance release. 

Cheers,
Heinrich

Hi Heinrich,

Thanks for your response and for taking a look at my question. I'll try that out, thanks! And that sounds good.

Best,

Katherine