anand jangid

bulbous bow integration to ship hull

Hi everyone,

I am designing a bulbous bow to the given ship hull.I have been following a youtube video for that (Link:-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L5CItNdxmk).But i encountered a problem in the end.Two halves of the bulbous bow are interfering. Here i am attaching my CAESES file.

Please someone help me in this regard.Thanks in advance.

regards,

Anand Jangid

Capture.PNG

NPL hull.fdbc NPL hull.fdbc.bac

Dear Anand,

I took a look at the hull surface you started with. The control polygon looks a bit distorted. I suggest, you sort that out first -- especially the bow region seems to have some folding issues, as you can tell from the attached screenshots.

image.thumb.png.ea0741c4bc9d62ea68c541dc73ed1581.pngimage.thumb.png.ef58b116622500dbadc8a515ef288c12.png

After adjusting the control polygon in this region a little and sorting out a few other things (which probably won't occur if you start with a better surface right away) I managed to get everything to work as intended, although you might want to spend some more time on the fairing!

image.png.75d662d24c6806dd47fd9579a08e8536.png

Most importantly you should focus on getting the control points shown in the following picture into a straight line (the middle one is the corner of the surface and there is one point currently very close to it, which needs to be exactly the same!)

image.thumb.png.b15e550fbe00770627d2f29051e12388.png

To adjust the control points, you can use the edit mode:

image.png.743059d814d525ab31b81c30f93ec837.png

I also moved the project to our latest release of CAESES5 which is why the file type is now a *.cdbc.

Cheers,
Heinrich

NPL hull.cdbc