Mr. Carlos Repolho

Creation Section with multiple surfaces

Carlos,

The easiest to create the sectionGroup using multiple surfaces is to select the surfaces first, then create the sectionGroup and subsequently set the position and plane information.

Please try that sequence.

Cheers

Claus

HI,

please check your filters at the bottom of the 3dview. maybe you have switched off the visibilty. Or is there any marker in the tree at the sectiongroup object that claims a problem?

Cheers

Claus

Thanks Claus !

I am so used to other programs that FF has been a real challenge ! i end up forgetting the basics.

I having a lot of trouble to import this RORO ship to framework. i am using section sweep also but i find it hard to close the bow and the Stern parts.

any tuturial or User guide on importing hulls please send me a link

thanks again!

I managed to find out why this is not working and i think is because the direction of the sections... or in this case the origin surfaces had diferente normals.

I am finding a lot of resources on how to choose when executing a surface but in this case i would only want to change it.

How do i do that?

regards! :D

Should i go back to Rhino to change dir? I think when i exported i already took that in consideration.. somehow i am not managing to do the stuff when i want with this software lol

I am not quitting !

Back after lunch!

thanks again

NO need to change to Rhino. If you want to do it manually, select the point based surface and check the top toolbar: You chould find a few commands such as reverse, swap, reverseU ....

If you want to change a bunch of surface orientations depending on their orientation, write a feature that checks the normal direction e.g. in (u,v)=(0.5,0.5) and if it points in the wrong direction, reverse either U or V. Run a loop across the list of surfaces that you have selected as input to your feature.

Cheers

Claus

Hey again !

I would like to ask if exists a reference guide, or a more complete user guide with something that could help on the programing language of the features.

I would later like to implemente the holltrop methot and to create some functions to reverse the modeling process.

Is it also possible to use dll file?

best regards

Thanks one more time for your time

Hi,

Did you take a look at the documentation of the FFeatureDefinition type? It includes pretty much everything regarding the syntax of the language.

Also, the tutorials should help to get some additional information about some tricks.

What do you want to do with the dll file? There is neither a plugin system nor a way to load a dll from within a feature.

Arne

Thanks Claus !

I am so used to other programs that FF has been a real challenge ! i end up forgetting the basics.

I having a lot of trouble to import this RORO ship to framework. i am using section sweep also but i find it hard to close the bow and the Stern parts.

any tuturial or User guide on importing hulls please send me a link

thanks again!

Hi Carlos,

can you please explain how did you rectify this problem? I'm also facing the same.

Regards,

Prabu.

Hi Carlos

I have 3 whys.

Q1. Why do you making another surface even though you have already IGES patches.

Q2. Why do you make OffsetGroups ?

Q3. Why do you extract OffsetGroupBaseCurve ?

Your answers will help to understand the problem and find the proper support.

Regards

Daehwan