Greetings,

I'm having trouble generating a mesh from the first design I've made. I'm trying to export it to STL to use with OpenFOAM.

Basically it is just a T shaped pipe with openings in each portion of the T to allow fluid to jet out and flow out of the model. The inlet is the bottom of the T.

I have tried every parameter for the mesh generation I could think of and still cannot get it to work. I tried searching for "open edges" but had no luck.

If someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it. I have mostly used curves and extrusions to accomplish my goals thus far while learning CAESES.

post-771-0-69378600-1478242743_thumb.png

flow_simulation.fdbc

Hi Scott,

I recreated your pipe and set it up a bit differently, which saves you a few objects and a few operations within the BReps.

I would like to point out a few things:

In general I would recommend designing your model, so that it is much bigger than one in size. So if you are designing something small you can change the units to millimetre, otherwise you could run into problems caused by approximations within numerical operations.

As you will see I used a scaling to bring your model to a better size.

If you are using a BRep as the input of a Trimesh, the options "error" and "tolerance", will be overwritten by the settings of the Brep.

Furthermore the Trimesh in CAESES will have open edges, where your two tube meet (as you'll see in the file I attached). But you can just export the BRep as an STL, it should work without a problem in OpenFoam. If you want to have a working Trimesh in CAESES the only solution would be to model the inner surfaces as volumes, where they are now infinite thin surfaces.

I hope this will help you.

Cheers,

Simon

flow_simulation.fdbc