Sign in to follow this  
Mr. mohamad gh

propeller design

Hello freinds I am a graduate student. My thesis is about optimizing a marine propeller using cfd . type of propeller is high skewed propeller .I was able to draw the propeller that is in the tutorial .This link is propeller information: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=81363830872064627224

Please help me thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello freinds I am a graduate student. My thesis is about optimizing a marine propeller using cfd . type of propeller is high skewed propeller .I was able to draw the propeller that is in the tutorial .This link is propeller information: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=81363830872064627224

Please help me thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-515-0-67603800-1457380200_thumb.png

Dear Mohamad,

As you said you were already able to model the propeller fom the tutorial (I am guessing you refering to the tutorial "Generic Blade") I assume that you are familiar with the basics of modelling a propeller and geometry in general. If not, please go through the tutorials which you can find in the section "Content of getting started".

In the tutorial "Generic Blade" you modelled the radial functions which are describing the blade profile and the blade shape along the blade radius. The table you attached in your first post gives you values for those functions. In order to adapt the blade shape to the table values you should adapt the functions by changing and adding curve points. 

Every further step depends on the geometry export type required by your external code.

Please see also this post for further information: KCS propeller

Best Regards

Matthias