Guest Mr. YEONUK KANG

forebody retrofitting

Guest Mr. YEONUK KANG

hi I work for SHI and I use caeses in project.

A lot of people help us so we use caeses s/w to real project.

theseday I try to forebody retrofit. we have sample bulb retrofit. but if the new project were started we could change nomally 17~18st fwd.

at first we try to modeling all thing . from midship~ but it's not easy to check boundary and so on. (cuz our company main tool is other. we can't cooperate each others)

so my idea is  representing other part to using just loft surface. (we need just sections, and we have 2d offset from other program)

if you make any sample hybrid fwd start 17st. (connecting method own forebody + 18st with bulb with stem) it's very useful.

aft is more diffcult. but main idea using 2d offset we make bare hull (loft surface) + skeg (from caeses)

in fact I try to kcsbulbretrofitting sample and expand that to this idea. it's not easy for me.  

to sum up

1. we have midship to 17st ship maked by loft surface.

2. using surface endline angle or fillet to connect parametric fwd (bulb ,stem)

3. aft bare hull maked by 2d curve + skeg (parametric)

thanks.

Dear Mr Kang

Thank you very much for itroducing your practical idea to construct hybrid parametric hullform Generation structure with CAESES.

Before getting into the technical Focus suggested by you, I think it would be valuable for us to discuss about the issue  of

Direct form Variation with DMP file.

In between except our summer vacation days he tried developing a new work flow of Import-vary-Export a DMP file directly.

We have a Progress but we could not have Chance to test it since we don't have Tribon System here.

My suggestion on this Topic is that we try first the direct dmp process even though it is not perfectly finished yet.

If you agree with the direct dmp process then I am going to start cooperate you in that way immediately.

Meanwhile, when you want to Keep the hybrid parametric way I will manage it.

I am looking Forward to your answer

Thanks,

Daehwan.

Guest Mr. YEONUK KANG

1. direct dmp 

using our 2d output -> delta shift -> export dmp or change to offset -> calculate.

2. hybrid way

using 2d output -> loft (as much as possible) -> smooth modeling -> 3d iges -> make offset or stl -> calculate.

I think both of them useful to our process. method 2 also important as I already say that like a skeg distance variation. (1 is impossible  I think)

I send mail about method2.

method 1 test , I will do that . please send me mail or attach this topic.  (single and twin dmp little bit different)