Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Hongdan Wang

How to cut a curve in CAESES

Hi Steven,

yes, it is possible. Please find attached a sample file. I created a NURBS curve " basicCurve". On the basicCurve I created a point "pointOnCurve". The position of this point depends on the t-position of the curve. The t-position is controlled by the parameter "positionOnCurve". Finally I created an image curve "sectionalCurve" (red). The source of the sectionalCurve is the basicCurve. The domain of the sectionalCurve is restricted by the parameter "positionOnCurve" which controls  the t-parameter on the basicCurve.

Play around with the parameter positionOnCurve and you will see the effect. Does that help?

Cheers

Matthias

sectionalCurve.fdb

Hi Steven,

yes, it is possible. Please find attached a sample file. I created a NURBS curve " basicCurve". On the basicCurve I created a point "pointOnCurve". The position of this point depends on the t-position of the curve. The t-position is controlled by the parameter "positionOnCurve". Finally I created an image curve "sectionalCurve" (red). The source of the sectionalCurve is the basicCurve. The domain of the sectionalCurve is restricted by the parameter "positionOnCurve" which controls  the t-parameter on the basicCurve.

Play around with the parameter positionOnCurve and you will see the effect. Does that help?

Cheers

Matthias

Thanks Matthias, It helps a lot. But I still can't cutting a curve by the points in below case. Attachment is the case

Could help to cut the curve into three segments by the points which generated the curve?

Cutting by points.fdbc

Hi Steven and Nozaki

an alternative to "getParameterShortestDistanceSquared" command is the ft() command.

it gives you the parameter value of the curve at a specific coordinate with regard to a certain axis (0-x,1-y,2-z)

to get it you can type

curve.ft(1, point.getY()) 

assign it to a parameter and you get the t parameter of the "curve" at the Y coordinate of the "point"

Cutting by points.fdbc

Hi Steven,

Please have a look at the attached file.

I use the "getParameterShortestDistanceSquared" function to get parameters on the curve.

Hope this helps,

Fumiya

Hi Nozaki

Thanks very much, It really help me a lot.