Hello.

I am very a beginner in CAESES.

I am watching the webinar getting started with CAESES. I try to follow the step in my computer and at the beginning, I have found a problem with FBSplineCurve.

I have defined the start and endpoints, their coordinates, but I can not find any place in the program to define tangent, areas and areas centroid as it is shown in the video.

I attach a short screen of my computer.

Could you help me with this issue?

Thank you in advance

post-1232-0-88891600-1581253408_thumb.jpg

María

Hi Maria,

The menu that you have on the screenshot belongs to a B-Spline curve. There, you can input a list of control points to modify your curve.

Is it possible that you are looking for an F-Spline curve, where the user is requested to provide a start point, an end point and corresponding tangency values?

Cheers

Ceyhan

post-467-0-60095100-1581338873_thumb.png

post-467-0-80114800-1581338882_thumb.png

Hi Ceyhan,

May I ask a followup question? What is the definition of tangent in F-spline? Is it suppose to be the tangent value of the local angle? What if the angle is 90 degree (the tangent value is infinity)? In addition, how is the angle defined? The angle between curve tangential direction and x-axis? yaxis?

Zhen

On 12/18/2020 at 1:01 PM, Zhen Cheng said:

Never mind, I think I figured out, "tangent" is the angle (degree) of the  tangential line. It is not the tan(angle).

Hi Ceyhan,

May I ask a followup question? What is the definition of tangent in F-spline? Is it suppose to be the tangent value of the local angle? What if the angle is 90 degree (the tangent value is infinity)? In addition, how is the angle defined? The angle between curve tangential direction and x-axis? yaxis?

Zhen