Mr. Joseph Jhun

Can we add extra design variants on top of the existing design variants?

Hi Group,

I've generated 20 design variants with Sobol algorithm and finished the entire simulations.

I'm curious whether it's possible to add, say, 10 more design variants on top of the initial 20 design variants or not.

Thanks,
Joseph 

Hi Joseph,

From your question it is not fully clear to me what your process is. Can you elaborate a little bit more on what you want to do?

Hi Joseph,

From what I understood, you can run another sobol variation which the sequence start index = 20. 
This will create another window of results, but you can drag a number of designs from the left window to the previous design results table.

Mvh
Paulo

• Upvote 1

Hi Joerg and Paulo,

Thanks for your quick response.

Paulo, so does that mean we could combine those two Sobol variants together simply by dragging them from one window to another?

Also, if that's the case, wouldn't it compromise the "randomness" of the those two? I'm not convinced yet whether "random + random = random" always or not... 

Thanks,

Joseph

Joseph,

When you drag, you just add the variants from different optimization runs to one list of results.

If you maintain the exact same design variables, lower and upper limits, it will just generate more samples starting from index 20, for example.
Should not compromise the randomness.