Mr. amin nazemian

Multihull ships(Catamaran, Trimaran, SWATH, . . .)

Hello
I wanna calculate hydrostatic parameters for a trimaran ship. my problem is the software calculate all things for main hull and doesn't consider sidehulls. software get to know all bodies in CAD tree. I'm not professional but i start with tutorials and follow all instructions. Do i consider special case for trimaran ships? is there any difference for this type of ship hulls?
thank youTrimaran_hydrostatic.jpg

Hi Amin,

If you want to do hydrostatics based on sections for a trimaran (the same applies to cat hulls) you will need sections that run through all hulls of the ship. If you want to consider heeling make sure to use a symmetric (port+starboard side) geometry.

If you attach your project I could take a look at what is missing...

Cheers,

Heinrich

Hello

Thank you Mr Claus and Mr Heinrich

I do Mr Claus's solution and it works. thank you very very much. for now I want to calculate resistance by potential methods like NuShallo or connect to another software like maxsurf resistance. So, I think Nushallo is better because no need additional activity. after that my project is Global optimization by using shift methods. there all useful and complete tutorials to parametric geometry.  But, i don't no how use Nushallo?? I should first make panels or not? the procedure is like SHIPFLOW tutorial or not?

another question is how can i send my project personality? not attach in public!!! Should i give your email?

Best Regards

Amin

HI Amin,

Do you have a license of nuShallo? If so, you can ask the vendor for supporting you in setting up the project. Once you have the control files, we can help you configuring the software connector.

Best regards

Claus

Hello Mr. Claus Abt

I don't think so have it. I download from internet. i'm wondering if you guide me how get license of nuShallo. if there is another software connector like maxsurf and ... 

what is the folder or file name in install directory? for example in the SHIPFLOW tutorial mentioned (shipflow.bat). It would be great if a tutorial like that existed in software :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

thank you so much for your response. 

HI Amin,

Please download a CAESES version from our website www.caeses.com/downloads and install it.

We are not shipping any simulation software with CAESES. NuShallo is developed by HSVA. Shipflow is developed by Flowtech International in Sweden. You have to contact either one if you want to use their software.

Best regards

Claus

Dear catcoOol,

With regard to shipflow you might want to check the shipflow manual/documentation I am sure there is plenty of material available. CAESES-wise all you should need are separate sectiongroups which will be used by shipflow for automatic mesh generation.

Cheers,

Heinrich