Mr. Alexandros Priftis

ShipX CAESES connection

Hello,

I was wondering if any CAESES user has succeeded in connecting ShipX with CAESES. I know that some elements of ShipX can be connected e.g. Veres can be run in batch mode (https://brage.bibsys.no/xmlui/bitstream/handle/11250/2455846/17431_FULLTEXT.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y) but has anyone connected Waveres plug-in with CAESES? The same reference suggests that Waveres cannot be run in batch mode so I am not sure if there is another way of doing that?

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Alex

Hi Alex,

It is so sorry to say that we in Potsdam have no experience to connect shipX with CAESES. But, as you know, any software can be integrated in CAESES just if it can be run in batch mode. I am also looking forward to any advise from someone who knows Waveres well.

Best regards
Daehwan    

Hi Alex,

I have worked with a batch version of Veres and it works just fine. It is not very simple to transfer all the date to the file format of veres, but it is possible.

I recommend you to run a simulation in ShipX, get the input and result files from the run folder and dig it out.
You will need to generate sections, bilge keel, rolling tanks and so on. 

For the vepost (post-processing), things are simpler but the batch version doesn't have all functionality. So, for example, I have made functions in CAESES to plot RAOS and operational limits, a custom post-processor.

Unfortunately I cannot provide you any file or example, but if you get in contact with Sintef ocean they should be able to explain any doubt that you might have.

Cheers,
Paulo