Mr. Chien Nguyen

Modelling the propeller with 2d profile for each radius

Hello,

from the tutorial, I know how to create the propeller with Naca profile.

However, I would like to model the propeller with 2d profile for each radius (0.2R, 0.3R... 0.9R) 

How can I do it in Caeses ?

I have watched the video about Wageningen series propeller with Caeses, It looks like you are using custom profile for each radius

Thanks in advance

Hi Chien,

Would you like to use some profiles from a certain database for each section or use some Naca variations?

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hello, I would liketo use the profiles from some propeller series such as Gawn, Wageningen...

I think for such series, we cannot use Generic Blade in Caeses. But I do not know how to do. I know I can use the online Wageningen tool, but it is a black box and I would like how to do it in Caeses and then I can do for other series!

I do not know is it possible for Caeses can share their Wageningen file

Hi Chien,

Maybe you should start with a feature that reads your profiles.

Please check the attached simple project that reads airfoil data. Afterwards you can go over tutorial files that would improve your CAESES capabilities.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Thank you! I think now I know how to do 

By the way, I think I will do cylindrical transformation for 2d profiles then create a loft surface through the 3d profiles. 

I would like to ask the loft method in Caeses is tight loft or loose loft ( these are some terms in Rhinoceros), because I want to make sure the blade surface match with the profile

Thank you

Hi Chien,

If you replace the translation to cylindrical transformation within the feature you can reach your goal. Maybe you would also be interested to introduce some skew pitch rake and scaling beforehand.

The Loft method within CAESES is a tight method.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hi Chien,

If you replace the translation to cylindrical transformation within the feature you can reach your goal. Maybe you would also be interested to introduce some skew pitch rake and scaling beforehand.

The Loft method within CAESES is a tight method.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hello Ceyhan,

Is there a quick way to add pitch, rake and skew for profile transformation, or I have to do it manually by creating Caeses feature

Thank you!

Hi Chien,

Under Documentation Browser > Samples;

there is the Propeller Setup example. I will strongly recommend you to check the mentioned model and go over the Curve Engine, Meta Surface tutorials.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hi Chien,

Under Documentation Browser > Samples;

there is the Propeller Setup example. I will strongly recommend you to check the mentioned model and go over the Curve Engine, Meta Surface tutorials.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Dear Ceyhan,

I have gone through the Propeller Setup and blade tutorial. In these two examples, the Generic Blade is used. So everything like Pitch, Rake, Skew is already set up in the black box. So in case if I have separated data points of profile, I have to do everything like Pitch, rake, skew manually.Is it right ?

Hi Chien,

Please find the attached simple project.

This might give you some idea about how the operations are defined. Besides that please check the sample "Axial Fan" under Documentation>Samples

For three airfoil sections, I have defined chord scaling, pitch, yaw and rake. This is just for illustration purposes to show how the steps are performed.

Of course you would like to perform those steps not one by one but using a Feature Definition, and as a result obtaining a Meta Surface.

Note: I have figured some errors in the code that I have attached earlier which are corrected

Cheers

Ceyhan

simple_read_Airfoil.fdb

profile.txt.zip

Hi Chien,

Please find the attached simple project.

This might give you some idea about how the operations are defined. Besides that please check the sample "Axial Fan" under Documentation>Samples

For three airfoil sections, I have defined chord scaling, pitch, yaw and rake. This is just for illustration purposes to show how the steps are performed.

Of course you would like to perform those steps not one by one but using a Feature Definition, and as a result obtaining a Meta Surface.

Note: I have figured some errors in the code that I have attached earlier which are corrected

Cheers

Ceyhan

Dear Ceyhan,

Thank you very much for your help,

Now I am able to do well. However, I have a question related to propeller tip. There is a feature definition namely " Blade tip", but I cannot use in this case because the generated surface is not FgenericBlade

How can I do the blade tip in this case. It is quite a challenge because the tip is only 1 point with thickness

Thank you

Hi Chien,

Sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation.

Can you please send your project to erdem@friendship-systems.com, so that I can give a look?

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hi Chien,

Sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation.

Can you please send your project to erdem@friendship-systems.com, so that I can give a look?

Cheers

Ceyhan

Dear Ceyhan,

I have managed to create parametric Gawn propeller. The result looks quite good (see attached picture)

However, I have a question related to profile section ( I have sent you an email)

post-924-0-73343900-1564479214_thumb.png

Thanks again for your help