66 replies to this topic

#61 Mr. Anup Jain

Mr. Anup Jain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 12:02 AM

Hi,

I have created this following CAESES geometry. And am trying to use it in ANSYS for simulation (using ACT App). When I import the geometry from CAESES to Design Modeler, the points that I want to be imported from CAESES are imported as construction points (all points fall under one group in Design Modeler) in Design Modeler and not as a geometric point. Now the problem is that when I take this geometry to ICEM CFD for meshing I don't see these points. Is there any way that these imported points will not be imported as construction points but as geometric points?

However, if I use SpaceClaim then all the points are imported correctly from CAESES and are again correctly imported in ICEM CFD

(The reason I cannot use Space Claim is because the dimensions of the geometry are not imported correctly from CAESES to SpaceClaim)

PS: I want everything to be imported as mentioned in the sc1 scope of the CAESES file attached to ICEM CFD

Thanks,

Anup

Attached Files

#62 Ceyhan Erdem

Ceyhan Erdem

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:58 PM

Hi Anup,

Will check the case and let you know once I have a solution.

Cheers

Ceyhan

#63 Ceyhan Erdem

Ceyhan Erdem

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 04:25 PM

Hi Anup,

Please find below the link for an updated version of the ACT App that would fix the SpaceClaim unit problem including some other little bugs.

https://www.friendsh...efe514eaf00d82d

Cheers

Ceyhan

#64 Mr. Anup Jain

Mr. Anup Jain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:39 PM

Hi Anup,

Please find below the link for an updated version of the ACT App that would fix the SpaceClaim unit problem including some other little bugs.

https://www.friendsh...efe514eaf00d82d

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hi Ceyhan,

I see that with the new ACT app the geometry is imported to SpaceClaim but is not visible on the screen. Please see the attached snapshot. Furthermore by clicking update on the CAESES tab, the geometry was automatically updating in SpaceClaim (In the previous ACT app) . But Now, once it is updated in CAESES I have to click on SpaceClaim tab to update it and then when I open SpaceClaim I can see the data in the structure tree but the geometry is invisible on the screen. Same is with Design Modeler except that geometry is visible in Design Modeler. 

The CAESES file is also attached

Thanks,

Anup

Attached Thumbnails

• SpaceClaim.png

Attached Files

#65 Ceyhan Erdem

Ceyhan Erdem

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 11:01 AM

Hi Anup,

Can you please check the attached picture?

I think within SpaceClaim clicking on the Zoom to Extends button will help you to visualize the geometry.

I have figured there is still a unit problem due to the fact that this is a surface body. Will fix this today.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Attached Thumbnails

• screen.png

#66 Ceyhan Erdem

Ceyhan Erdem

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 11:56 AM

And I have figured the problem with the unit update as well,

In fact it was a problem within the fsc script, that gave an error.

Please check your color labels within CAESES. Seems you have created a white space that is transferred to the fsc script as "/n"

Getting rid of the white space solves the problem.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Attached Thumbnails

• screen1.png
  • screen.png

#67 Mr. Anup Jain

Mr. Anup Jain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 06:51 PM

And I have figured the problem with the unit update as well,

In fact it was a problem within the fsc script, that gave an error.

Please check your color labels within CAESES. Seems you have created a white space that is transferred to the fsc script as "/n"

Getting rid of the white space solves the problem.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hi Ceyhan,

Thanks. It works absolutely fine now!!

Thanks,

Anup