Mr. Xiaosong Zhang

Can CAESES Programming do the calculation of a .csv file?

Hello friends,

Currently, I can use CAESES to read the points of a curve (function (x,y)) and then export into csv file. Is it possible to further calculate the slope or derivative of this function using CAESES programming and then export a csv file? Or any other way to do this without programming? Thank you guys.

Sure (if I understand correctly). Read in the curve points, create a curve (e.g. an interpolation curve) and use the curve commands

getTan()
getDeriv()

and so on. All type commands can be accessed by clicking on the type icon: post-8-0-70142100-1533624818_thumb.png

Sure (if I understand correctly). Read in the curve points, create a curve (e.g. an interpolation curve) and use the curve commands

getTan()
getDeriv()

and so on. All type commands can be accessed by clicking on the type icon: attachicon.gifcurve_commands.png

Hello Joerg,

Thanks for your reply. I have already done the calculation and .csv import and export. Is it possible to make one parameter, eg. X column in the table (.csv) to be design variable in optimisation? Thank you for your help.

I guess you need to create a design variable and set it as input to your import/export feature (not sure about your exact setup). Then you can set this variable as value-provider for your x-column. The design variable can be changed by optimization strategies.