Dear CAESES community,

I'm super new to this, especially simulations. Basically I'm doing the IB School programme, and as part of it one has to do an Extended Essay (EE). You can choose yourself what to do, and I chose to focus on Aircraft Winglets (I absolutely love aviation). But as I'm so new, I was wondering if someone could help me. I will get winglets modelled in an STL format (I know someone who could do this), so a 737 with and without winglets; but I need to change the angle of attack and measure some form of drag quantatively to draw a graph and thus compare the drag on each wing at different angles of attack. Could someone help me achieve this? I absolutely know this is not a support base, but maybe an experienced user can help out a new person like me. Can one also change the speed at which the wind flows? If I could do this too, I could get another set of graphs. One with the same AOA and different wind speeds, and one with the same wind speed and different AOAs.

Thanks a lot!

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Are you planning to change the angle by using shape deformation techniques? Or do you want to remodel the stuff partly so that you have a parametric model that can be controlled using parameters? At any rate you can vary AOA and also the different wind speeds at the same time with CAESES (any float number can be varied with the integrated strategies) - assuming the wind speed is a simple number in a flow simulation setup.

Not sure whether this answers your question, but generally you can do the job in CAESES, I think.