Mr. Artem Semenov

CAESES integration into Workbench

Hi friendship guys!
I'm investigating CAESES capabilities and trying to input CAESES model into Workbench Structural analisis . But some obstacles occurred at early stages and I've got no idea how to overcome them. Maybe this case will be useful for newcomers.
The main model is the propeller from the sample folder /samples/Demo Models/propeller.fdb
There are four design variables; I've configured *.sat export type with full path file name and generated *.fsc script file according to the "ACT App for ANSYS® Workbench" manual. But every time I link the *.fsc file to WB (regardless of the project) bad magic interrupt the process with the same error "The ANSYS Geometry component in CAESES requires user input before it can be updated. For instructions on how to address the cell in its current state, click the blue triangle in the lower right corner of the cell in the Project Schematic". 
Do you have any idea where is the problem and how to solve it?

As I haven't found the solution on the internet, I ask here.

Thank you in advance!

See the attached files.

//the Ansys version is 19

propeller.zip

post-1005-0-18244700-1530867649_thumb.png

Hi Artem,

When I checked your fsc file, it seems you have no parameters defined there.

"The ANSYS Geometry component in CAESES requires user input before it can be updated" is telling you that you have no parameter inputs in the fsc file.

Please recreate your fsc file but be sure that while performing that operation, no object is selected in CAESES.

One other issue is; for the scope that is going to be used to export your geometry, please just mention a file name like "solid.sat", not a full path.

I recommend you to create only one scope for export.

Do not forget that your project should have been closed in CAESES while performing the connection.

Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hey Artem,

It would be great to get an update once you have finished your investigation. Seems like an interesting application.

Cheers

Joerg