Mr. Johann-Lukas Voigt

Problem with S-Duct Example for Coupling CAESES

Hello Everybody,

I am currently trying to follow the s-duct tutorial to get started with using openFOAM and CAESES

However, when I am trying to launch the runner in step 10, openFOAM throws the following error:

--> FOAM FATAL ERROR: 
Unknown simulationType RASModel

Valid simulation types:

(
LES
RAS
laminar
)

from the 

constant/turbulenceProperties

file. Apparently the syntax of openFOAM has changed in the most recent versions. However when I simply change the simulation type to RAS instead of RASModel I get a different error:

--> FOAM FATAL IO ERROR: 
keyword RAS is undefined in dictionary "/home/jl2579/CAESES_4.3.1_Linux.x86_64/MyProjects/sduct_OpenFOAM_CFD/manual_results/baseline/Runner/constant/turbulenceProperties"

file: /home/jl2579/CAESES_4.3.1_Linux.x86_64/MyProjects/sduct_OpenFOAM_CFD/manual_results/baseline/Runner/constant/turbulenceProperties

From function Foam::dictionary& Foam::dictionary::subDict(const Foam::word&)
    in file db/dictionary/dictionary.C at line 422.

FOAM exiting

I know I probably have to edit some files and update the syntax, but since I am new to caesis, openFOAM and CFD simulation in general I am quite lost at the moment. Can anybody help me out?

cheers,
Johann

Hi Johann

the tutorial was written for OpenFOAM 2.x. Since then a lot of syntax from OpenFoam have changed. In your case it is pretty clear that the syntax of the definition of the turbulence model has changed. Just look into a openFoam tutorial eg the motor bike one, to see the correct syntax.

best regards

Carsten