Mr. Matthew Wegener

2d airfoil profile surfaces

Hello all,

I have created a parameterized 2d drawing of a 4 element wing profile. I am trying to export these as surfaces so that I can utilize the ANSYS plugin to do a 2d flow simulation. However, when I try to export the surface, the .fsc file loads fine, but it seems to have trouble attaching the geometry. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Matt

RW11RearWingProfile.fdbc

Hi Matt,

The relevant csv-files are missing to reproduce or test it.

Cheers

Joerg

• Upvote 1

Hi Matthew,

Have you checked the tutorial about the ANSYS ACT app? You can find it in the documentation browser: post-8-0-32543800-1523862830_thumb.png

We recomment to use *.sat files for a correct automation process when using the app. I noticed that you try to export STL. At least, this is one thing that I can observe which might lead to problems.

Cheers

Joerg

Hi Matt,

Within your project, in the feature definition "importpointdata" seems you were creating a tableViewer which in fact is a gui operation.

When disabled everything began to work with no problem.

Another remark is that within the same feature definition you have created an FBool with a name "visible" which is a used name by the system , already giving an error. I have changed that one with "show".

Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

Note: I have changed the folder structure, please do not forget to recreate your fsc file and close Caeses while workbench is running.

Cheers

Ceyhan

RW11RearWingProfile.fdbc.tar.gz

Hi Matt,

Can you please verify if you did the following change on your Ansys installation, as mentioned in the CAESES Act app installation instructions?

In the installation directory, edit the following file:

Windows:       /vXXX/Addins/ACT/bin/Win64/TransferTypeDirectPropertyAccessList.xml
Linux:            /vXXX/Addins/ACT/bin/Linux64/TransferTypeDirectPropertyAccessList.xml

Add the highlighted line:

<TransferTypes>
<TransferType>FEMSetup</TransferType>
</TransferTypes>

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hi Matt,

This looks strange. I have no problems to make it work.

Please let me know when you may be available, so that we can arrange a web-meeting and I can check your setup.

You can send me an email to;

erdem@friendship-systems.com

Cheers

Ceyhan