Mr. Cillian McGreer

Bow Transformation of a Ship Hull with Lackenby: Step by Step

Hi,

Im very new to Caeses and would like to perform a parametric Lackenby transformation on an already formed NURBS surface restricted to only the bow section.

Could you point me in the right the direction as to how I can do this.

I have seen the example however it is very difficult to follow how it was created without guidance notes.

Regards.

Hi Cillian,

Have you checked the hydrostatic calculation tutorial, and also the Lackenby tutorial? They are shipped with the software. Basically, these two explain how it works. post-8-0-27319600-1519745097_thumb.png

Cheers

Joerg

Hi Joerg,

Thank you for your quick reply,

I have found these tutorials but am unable to define a Lackenby shift for the front portion of my design.

I would like to shift only the front 22.811 meters.

My question what should my X-Begin and X End Value be in this case.

Thanks

Cillian

Hi Cillian,

For such a local deformation, I would recommend to look at the tutorial "Hull Variation" post-8-0-32682100-1519805718_thumb.png

With the delta shift techniques you should be able to change the bow shape without problems. Just create the delta function in the region of the bow. Of course, you do not have the controls of the Lackenby, but maybe this is feasible for such a local (small?) change. From what I know, the Lackenby is rather used for changes to the fwd and aft hull body, and not really for the bow. Maybe other users do have also some experience to share?

Hope this helps,

Joerg