Ms. Yanxin Feng

How to avoiding taking some old optimized results automatically when I run a new optimization?

Hi everyone,

I used NSGA-II optimization engine to optimize a ship hull. At the beginning I got the results of the group "NSGA-II_11_1000",  but the results were not good. There were too many errors ,so I deleted this whole folder and also delete the results in the optimization interface. Then I started to run another NSGA-II_11_1001(with changed config.xml), and I didn't run new NSGA-II based on "NSGA-II_1000". How ever, I still got some error results automatically from the old group. I already deleted the old group, so I couldn't find those error results folders in the folder "NSGA-II_11_1001".

In the screenshot, the results with small arrows are the ones from old results. But in the new folder, there are no corresponding folders for those results. 

So how could I start an entirely new group without taking the old results from the former groups?

Any idea will be helpful. Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Yanxin Feng

post-460-0-79051700-1512118668_thumb.png

post-460-0-71878800-1512118820_thumb.png

post-460-0-67122100-1512118829_thumb.png

Hi Yanxin,

if you delete a folder within the Designs folder (first Screenshot of yours) and delete everything in the following dialogue - there should be nothing left... However, whenever you start a design engine you will get asked weather you want to take any of your previously generated designs into account "use as result pool". If you don't select any of them they should not get used for the current run and hence you don not need to delete them beforehand.

Best regards,

Heinrich

Hi Yanxin,

if you delete a folder within the Designs folder (first Screenshot of yours) and delete everything in the following dialogue - there should be nothing left... However, whenever you start a design engine you will get asked weather you want to take any of your previously generated designs into account "use as result pool". If you don't select any of them they should not get used for the current run and hence you don not need to delete them beforehand.

Best regards,

Heinrich

Hi Heinrich,

I didn't chose the previous designs as result pool. But I still get some previous results, that's why I deleted the whole folder for the previous results. I am also confused how could I still get the previous results. Should I change the name of the new folder more differently?

BR,

Yanxin

Dear Yanxin,

in this case it is hard to say what causes this behavior. Are you able to reproduce the error. Maybe run the NSGA2 with only 4 designs, delete it from the design folder inside CAESES (click 3 times delete in the following dialogues), re-run it and see weather some no-existing designs get recycled...

Another option might be for you to attach the fdb file so I can take a closer look...

Best regards,

Heinrich

Dear Yanxin,

in this case it is hard to say what causes this behavior. Are you able to reproduce the error. Maybe run the NSGA2 with only 4 designs, delete it from the design folder inside CAESES (click 3 times delete in the following dialogues), re-run it and see weather some no-existing designs get recycled...

Another option might be for you to attach the fdb file so I can take a closer look...

Best regards,

Heinrich

Hi Heinrich,

since now I guess it happened to created the same error because of the config.xml . It was not good enough. I revised the config.xml file and also narrowed the range of the design variables. I will check it again whether sill have the same errors.  btw, I did click 3 times delete. So I suppose the problem was caused by the config.xml.

If I still have the same problem, I will write you again.  :) Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Yanxin

Dear Yanxin,

alright then, hope you are making good progress...

Best regards, Heinrich

Hi Heinrich,

it was the range of the design variables lead to the same errors. I got normal results after I changed the lower and upper of the design variables. Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Yanxin