Mr. Mehmet Emre Yildirim

Connecting Star CCM+ into Caeses

Hello there, i just started my journey on parametric modelling and analyze. So i will need some of your help. I am trying to connect Star CCM+ with Caeses.

i did same things like in the tutorial which is provided but i have no idea what should be the arguments are to run in batch mode. I dont know if it is possible with STEP export to Star or any inbetween codes needed. İ am trying to solve a bit complex geometry so. Thank you for your helps. Best regards.

post-929-0-04253900-1510261663_thumb.jpg

Dear Mehmet,

this is typically the argument you need to run star with an already existing file. : "-batch YOUR_JAVA.java -power -podkey YOUR_PODKEY YOUR_SIM.sim". Replace all YOUR_... with the acutal file names and your podkey string.

Step: Yes, it is possible. If you go to File > Export > ... you can see that we indicated STAR-CCM+ compatible export types.

Regards

Matthias

Dear Mehmet,

this is typically the argument you need to run star with an already existing file. : "-batch YOUR_JAVA.java -power -podkey YOUR_PODKEY YOUR_SIM.sim". Replace all YOUR_... with the acutal file names and your podkey string.

Step: Yes, it is possible. If you go to File > Export > ... you can see that we indicated STAR-CCM+ compatible export types.

Regards

Matthias

Thank you for reply. I solved the problem through instructions. I will publish my study as soon as i am done with it.

I solved the arguments problem but i have new problems accuring. When try to run the runner on baseline it can evaluate the parameter result. But when i try it with sobol it seems it tries to import same geometry as baseline and cannot evaluate the parameter says NaN. I think there is something wrong with the macro that it imports always same geometry export and it exports the cvs file in same directory always and it doesnt export cvs into sobol files. I think i have to learn how directory should be set up.

On 11/10/2017 at 5:02 PM, Matthias Maasch said:

Dear Mehmet,

Regards

Matthias

Hi,

Please tell me how to find pod key string? Thanks you