Mr. Pablo Ale

Full Parameterized Volute Model

Hello I'm trying to design a fully parameterized scroll, the problem is that my output duct is in a position where the shape of the tongue generate is complicated. Most of the time the geometry vary that the result I am trying to find. 

I have attached my progress to date, if someone could help me fit the model, I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

volutecompressor_Training.fdbc

Hi Pablo,

I've looked into it very quickly. There is a kink in your outlet cross section post-8-0-87277700-1505455908_thumb.png post-8-0-67306200-1505455913_thumb.png, is this what you want i.e. a geometry feature?

I also had to reset the start parameter at the polycurve profile to make the transition surface a bit nicer - not sure whether this is something you would like to do. I mean this is relevant for the tongue creation.

For modeling the tongue of this specific model, you could take a look into this post. However, I am not sure whether this helps you completely. If it was a project of us, probably we would also need to spend an hour or two to come up with a robust and nice tongue geometry.

Cheers

Joerg

volutecompressor_Training.fdbc