Mr. Nicolas Lemaitre

Draw a naca profile at each 5 per cent of the leading edge.

Hi,

I have to design a blade for an centrifugal impeller. I've already design the leading edge with a feature definition. Now I would like to put a NACA4DS at tc=0.20 0.25 0.30... Do you have an idea of how to do that with a feature.

Thanks

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

Interesting ... even though I do not fully understand how you finally want to create this model. Anyway. Attached you can find an example where I create a subcurve at a specific location by using an image curve.post-8-0-65154700-1500301984_thumb.png It also contains the feature snippet. Maybe this guides you into the right direction.

Cheers

Joerg

partimagecurve.fdb

Thanks for this quick answer.

I'll try to be more specific.

I have draw this leading edge with my data and a polynomial equation and I would like to put on it a succession of  Naca profil with a chord set by an other equation.

Nicolas

I guess you have to calculate the 2D coordinates (r*theta,z) for each leading edge location at a specific radius and transform the 2D profile to it in the feature. I.e. when you transform back the translated 2D profile into the 3D space using the cylinder transformation, it appears at the leading edge position. Is this what you mean?