Mr. Chang Xie

large batch of offsets transfer to bspline

for the ship hull, I operate the thinking by the section group to offset group to spline, but only one by one transfer, that's not efficient.

So who can help to program a feature to process the manipulation? 

coincidently I feature like this,but not works well:

offset o1

splinecurve c1()

c1.(o1)

You want to use a section group to generate 2D sections, and in the next step you want to create bspline curves from these sections, right?

Joerg, yes,you are right.

I want to conduct the operation by feature, which can be helpfull for large batch of transfer from offset goup to bspline.

I have solved by bsplinecurve c1(o1)  is right. I am not familar to syntax of caeses, so some thinking is not easy to carry out.

If possible,how to writhe the feature for transfer from bspline to offsets . thank you. 

Hi,

I have quickly written a short feature that converts offset point data into a bspline curve: post-8-0-83916200-1493276913_thumb.png Took me 2 minutes ;-)

Alternatively, you could use an interpolation curve to exactly match the point data - I added this as a comment to the feature definition, see the fdb project file below.

If you want to convert splines into offsets, then you just need to replace the creator command with an offset: post-8-0-19773500-1493277082_thumb.png

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Joerg

sections_to_bspline.fdb