Ms. Yanxin Feng

CAESES connected with GLRankine

Hello everyone,

I came across a problem when I run the software connections in new version CAESES 4.2.0.

I connected CAESES with GLRankine, I already set up all the input files and output files.

When I run the simulation in version CAESES 3.0.19, everything worked well and I could get the right "log.out" file and the "stdouterroroutput.redirect" recorded the right progess.

However, when I just open the same project in version CAESES 4.2, I couldn't get the right "log.out" file. And the error showed as:

"Error during steady computation: Could not create file 'data/steady_body0_1.vtk'."

During the "stdouterroroutput.redirect" file, it showed that :

Input move failure, using fallback method to move /home/feng/5415/newversion_caeses/4.2version_newparametricmodel/manual_results/baseline/42_GLR_test01/input/data to /home/feng/5415/newversion_caeses/4.2version_newparametricmodel/manual_results/baseline/42_GLR_test01//data
Failed: Cannot open /home/feng/5415/newversion_caeses/4.2version_newparametricmodel/manual_results/baseline/42_GLR_test01/input/data for input

And the calculation could not run sucessfully.

I hope I the way I already described my problems clearly enough.  Please check the details from the attach files.  Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Yanxin Feng

4.2version_newparametricmodel.fdbc

newparametricmodel.fdbc

post-460-0-82733000-1489677729_thumb.png

post-460-0-27323300-1489677961_thumb.png

post-460-0-52396300-1489677968_thumb.png

post-460-0-58248800-1489677975_thumb.png

post-460-0-25680100-1489677981_thumb.png

Hi Yanxin,

Hm, that's strange - we are not aware of such a problem with the latest version. I have to check with my colleagues.

Best regards

Joerg

Hi Joerg,

thanks for your reply. I tried to upload the config.xml file and log.out file, but it was not allowed.  Otherwise you could try to run my project on your pc.

Have a nice weekend!

Best Regards,

Yanxin

Dear Yanxin,

It looks like you want to create a /data subdirectory in the runDir. That is obviously not done. Was there probably a batch file in the connector that had to be called prior to executing Rankine?

Best regards

Claus

Dear Yanxin,

It looks like you want to create a /data subdirectory in the runDir. That is obviously not done. Was there probably a batch file in the connector that had to be called prior to executing Rankine?

Best regards

Claus

Dear Claus,

Thanks for your reply. I created a txt file in the input files.

post-460-0-57301500-1490006060_thumb.png

And I edit the name of it as "data/MakeDataFolder".

post-460-0-81616500-1490006142_thumb.png

But it doesn't work in version CAESES 4.2.0. Or should I create the data folder in another way?

Best Regards,

Yanxin

hello everyone,

I followed the advice from Carsten and did it like this:

-select the Runner

-Go to Local Execution Settings and click on "show more options" (the three dots)

-then toggel "clear Input Directory"

It also works for me. Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Yanxin

hey guys,

when i connect with STAR CCM+, I came across the problem with tips when do sybol optimization: *** INFO FGenIntReader : Could not open file

C:/Users/xdb14181/Desktop/FPM CAESES/Int/KCS_OPT1/01_Sobol/Sobol_01_des0005/Runner//Data.csv for reading [parsing process aborted].

could you please tell me what might be the problem with this?

cheers

Lexi

Dear Yanxin,

Best regards

Claus

Hi Claus,

when i connect FFW with STARCCM+, I have tips in redirect file as below. i wonder what is the problem with my license , for it works in my computer for STARCCM+.

Cheers,

Lexi.

STAR-CCM+ 11.02.010 (win64/intel15.0-r8)

License build date: 10 February 2015

This version of the code requires license version 2016.02 or greater.

Checking license file: 1999@name-server02

Unable to list features for license file 1999@name-server02.

Checking license file: 1999@flex.cd-adapco.com

Failed to get all licenses needed for this job. Asked for 1 licenses of ccmpsuite

"C:\Program Files\CD-adapco\STAR-CCM+11.02.010-R8\star\lib\win64\intel15.0-r8\lib\star-ccm+.exe" -cpubind

MPI Application rank 0 exited before MPI_Finalize() with status 8

"C:\Program Files\CD-adapco\STAR-CCM+11.02.010-R8\mpi\platform\9.1.4.0\windows\bin\mpirun.exe" -aff=automatic:bandwidth -np 1 "C:\Program Files\CD-adapco\STAR-CCM+11.02.010-R8\star\bin\starccm+.exe" -cpubind -node

error: Design STAR-CCM+ simulation completed

Server process ended unexpectedly (return code 1)

mpirun: Drive is not a network mapped - using local drive.

Dear Yanxin,

Best regards

Claus

Hi Claus,

when i connect FFW with STARCCM+, I have tips in redirect file as below. i wonder what is the problem with my license , for it works in my computer for STARCCM+.

Cheers,

Lexi.

STAR-CCM+ 11.02.010 (win64/intel15.0-r8)

License build date: 10 February 2015

This version of the code requires license version 2016.02 or greater.

Checking license file: 1999@name-server02

Unable to list features for license file 1999@name-server02.

Checking license file: 1999@flex.cd-adapco.com

Failed to get all licenses needed for this job. Asked for 1 licenses of ccmpsuite

"C:\Program Files\CD-adapco\STAR-CCM+11.02.010-R8\star\lib\win64\intel15.0-r8\lib\star-ccm+.exe" -cpubind

"C:\Program Files\CD-adapco\STAR-CCM+11.02.010-R8\mpi\platform\9.1.4.0\windows\bin\mpirun.exe" -aff=automatic:bandwidth -np 1 "C:\Program Files\CD-adapco\STAR-CCM+11.02.010-R8\star\bin\starccm+.exe" -cpubind -node

error: Design STAR-CCM+ simulation completed

Server process ended unexpectedly (return code 1)

mpirun: Drive is not a network mapped - using local drive.

Mattiash helps me figure it out, it works now. 

Cheers

lexi.