Mr. MAYTHU ZAW

coupling CAESES with seakeeping software

Hello all,

I am a student from korea and just a new user of CAESES.What I want to do is optimization of hull form for resistance and seakeeping.For resistance,I will connect openFoam and CAESES.But for seakeeping,I want to use only 2D strip theory code .So which software can I use to connect with CAESES?Is there anyone who have done this kind of simulation?I need advice and suggestions for this.If there is someone who knows this,please help me. Thank you all.

Hi,

we have done connections between Maxsurf and CAESES before, so it is definitely possible, but thus far we only used the stability application (former Hydromax). It should be possible to also make a connection to control the motions application.

I send you a message with the features we have.

Cheers,

Simon

Hi,

For my study I'm also trying to optimize the seakeeping behavior of a vessel. 

For this I want to use a 2D strip theory code, like Maxsurf Motion is capable to do. 

Is there already a connection available between CAESES and Maxsurf?

Kind regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

If the mentioned tool that you would like to couple with CAESES has the capability to run script files or run in batch mode, then the connection should be quite straight forward.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

I will recommend you to check the Software Connection tutorials within CAESES and the batch scripting commands of "Maxsurf Motion" within its manual.

Cheers

Ceyhan