Simulation and meshing packages such as STAR-CCM+, ICEM CFD or OpenFOAM can import colored STL files which is an export format supported by CAESES/FFW: Boundary surfaces (inlet, outlet and symmetry plane etc.) can be individually colored in CAESES/FFW so that the color information is transferred to the meshing software - for quick and automatic detection of these important surfaces.

Here are different options for coloring surfaces in different situations (see also the screenshots):

• Trimesh Input: Click the edit button of a trimesh input surface and set the color.
  • Boolean Operations: The colors of the participating solids are also transferred (e.g. the symmetry plane in the screenshot "solid_merged" is red because the initial box is colored red)
  • Extrusion: If you extrude surfaces onto a plane and additionally close the result (e.g. for lids), the extrusion itself as well as the generated closed surface can also hold individual colors.

Cheers

Joerg

post-8-0-74350800-1367997188_thumb.png

post-8-0-53616200-1367997488_thumb.png

post-8-0-25088000-1367997917_thumb.png

post-8-0-15931700-1367998046_thumb.png

Hey Joerg,

my intention is to import the caeses geometry via spaceclaim into ansys mesher. The import of the geometry and named selection by colors works fine with one exception. A single color or named selection is always chosen for the entire solid and not for the intended surface.

I would be grateful for your help.

Cheers

Bastian

Hi Bastian,

Do you have a simple example (CAESES fdb project etc.)? It should not be a big deal to assign colors to patches, I guess.

Hi Bastian,

Can you please send your project to erdem@friendship-systems.com?

I will give a look and try to figure out the problem.

Cheers

Ceyhan

Hi Bastian,

In SpaceClaim there is a certain situation that we observe. When no color is assigned in CAESES; within SpaceClaim strangely one of the face assigned colors is directly assigned to the entire volume.

And that was the problem you were facing. In order to resolve the problem I will recommend you to assign a color to the entire BRep.

At the bottom of the BRep menu , under Display Options you can find the location where you can create/assign BRep body colors

However those colors assigned to each operation becomes a Named Selection for a face group

Note: This problem is not observed in DesignModeler

Cheers

Ceyhan

post-467-0-16267100-1555601920_thumb.jpg

post-467-0-75638200-1555601927_thumb.jpg