Mr. Oliver Dorn

How to make your echo more professional

Hello,

I really want to make my program look even more professional. This is necessary for two reasons. 

1) To include professional headlines like: http://www.desmoulins.fr/index_us.php?pg=scripts!online!asciiart

2) To give the user an formatted overview like:

BLABALBA:          50

BluBLUBLUna:     60

HUHUKAÖ:          80

What I tryed so far, make it "beautiful" inside the Features. Inside the Features it looks good, but after Execution in the "output" area, it looks like trash. 

Well I thing that it has something to do with the different text fonts. Does someone has an idea how to solve that problem? I guess that I need the name of the font, used inside the output, make it beautiful in Word and copy that to the echo("formatted copied from word or some other programm").

So what do you thing? Cool solution would be some kind of "translation" website or even a Feature,...or an App^^

Best Olli

joerg.fdbc

Hey Oliver,

If you want to use your so called ascii art you do need to change the font of CAESES.

1) menu > file > settings

2) click on appearance

3) scroll down to fonts and choose for example curier 10 Pitch and choose Font style regular

It is not possible to change the font style of the console individually therefore this is the only solution.

Now your echo created inside the feature looks similar to the console and vice versa.

post-41-0-96549000-1470386644_thumb.png

The reason is you need to choose a mono spaced font.

You still have one space to much in line 20 in your feature definition or you need to add one space in line 21.

Cheers,

Karsten

• Upvote 1

Dear Oliver,

the console is maybe not the best solution to get to a nice professional presentation of the data you want to display. I think it would be better to use the functionality we have available for showing overlay labels in the 3D viewer. Here you can use html-code to format your content and are also able to create table like this:

post-17-0-30728400-1470387816_thumb.png

The example project file with the feature definition that I used to create this is attached below. Of course, you can also calculate the values directly in the feature, instead of using them as input, as I did in this example.

Cheers,
Mattia

example.fdb

• Upvote 1

Hey Karsten,

thank you so mutch for your answer, that solved my problem! 

You still have one space to much in line 20 in your feature definition or you need to add one space in line 21.

yes that was for demonstrations reasons! 

Thank you  Mattia! I will try that later. At the moment,...well I am so called "just in time" :P But my horizon is growing and growing B)