Hello all,

I didn’t find a detail description about implemented methods of NSGA-II in the tutorial, for example I want to know:

- Which cross over method is used?

- What kind of mutation is applied?

- is there any possibility to define an integer design variable (including the integer coding inside the algorithm)?

- can I change the code of algorithm to satisfy my requests?

If you have any source, I will be thankful to know about that.

Cheers,

Hamidreza 

Hi Hamidreza,

Since you are really want to dig into the implementation a bit deeper, I would suggest to use the Dakota inteface in CAESES. With this, you can run a genetic algorithm while at the same time having all controls at hand. You can write your own Dakota template which includes all the settings that you need and mentioned above. There is also a small tutorial for this, and a video on our website.

Actually, just copy one of the templates (installation folder > etc > dakota) and adjust it to your needs. Then load it as custom template in your Dakota design engine. Super easy! It would be great to get your feedback on this. Do you have access to the Dakota interface i.e. does your license allow for it?

Cheers

Joerg

Hi Joerg

Thanks for your reply, I have license of 3.1.4 ,so as I know, I can’t access to the Dokota interface, so I decided to work with available option in the CAESES, which is not supported by the detail unfortunately.

Do you have other suggestion? Especially, it is important to know, is there any technique to implement integer coding?

Cheers,

Hamidreza 

Dear Hamidreza,

FYI: I have sent you a message.

Integer: we have it not in place right now. So far our users have done some workarounds (casting float numbers to integers) which is not really ideal. We are working on that, it has a high priority. Sorry for this.

Joerg