I was trying to run basic shipflow tutorials and able to get results using kcs_g2010.igs . But when I use my IGES file then I get several errors and it stops to work   :(. I don't know how to solve this problem now. I chose xpan from the program tab and used the file directory in the "iges" in the "offset". Now I am being unable to understand whether the problem is . Is it occurring due to my IGES file problem or due to my software or due to my settings?  At what point I am messing all? Is there any one to help me please. I will be really grateful . (Screenshots are attached) 

post-664-0-18441000-1463805660_thumb.png

post-664-0-97092600-1463805660_thumb.png

Dear Maruf Uddin,

according to your screenshots the sub-routine xoffgen.exe (part of Shipflow) fails in converting the IGES into offsets. If the only thing you changed is the IGES file (plus any dimensional properties given in the Shipflow settings (Lpp, draft,...)) then I would say the error occurs due to the quality of your IGES. I think it is unlikely that CAESES itself is the problem.

Please note that this Forum doesn't provide Shipflow support (unless a user is keen and able to help you). For more help please contact support@flowtech.se.

Best Regards

Matthias

• Upvote 1

Dear Maruf Uddin,

according to your screenshots the sub-routine xoffgen.exe (part of Shipflow) fails in converting the IGES into offsets. If the only thing you changed is the IGES file (plus any dimensional properties given in the Shipflow settings (Lpp, draft,...)) then I would say the error occurs due to the quality of your IGES. I think it is unlikely that CAESES itself is the problem.

Please note that this Forum doesn't provide Shipflow support (unless a user is keen and able to help you). For more help please contact support@flowtech.se.

Best Regards

Matthias

Thankyou Matthias , thank you very much. Can you help me in one more point? I am being unable to figure out the problem my iges file. My rhino 3dm file seems to me smooth and okay. Though, I have modified my model several times.  Then I convert this one into iges file. Then where is the problem? :( 

Hi,

could you please send the CAESES file including your IGES geometry? If you don't want to share it here (in public) you're welcome to send it via email.

Cheers

Matthias

• Upvote 1

Hi, 

Thank you very much. You are really awesome and helpful. I have send you the necessary files  in the maasch@friendship-systems.com .

Please help me. I am eagerly waiting for your kind reply. Wish you grand success in life. 

Regards,

Maruf

Hi Maruf,

I checked the files you send and I would suggest to change a few settings. Please note that I don't have Shipflow available right now and that my suggestions are based on my previous experience with Shipflow. I am also not familiar with the very latest version of Shipflow.

General remarks: Please read through the Shipflow tutorial "SHIPFLOW CFD Analysis" which comes with CAESES. There you can study how to create a simple XPAN setup using a SurfaceGroup as geometry input. As Shipflow is an external code it comes with its own tutorials which you should consider to study as well.

For the file cargo_2:

1) The ship geometry has a length of 1800 units (either m or mm). In your offset settings you provide a length of Lpp=45. Both numbers should corelate.

2) Since you have the geometry in CAESES you could follow the CAESES tutorial - create a SurfaceGroup (in addition you could create an ImageSurfaceGroup and apply a scaling to it to scale down your ship) and use the command YourImageSurfaceGroup.exportIGES("YourHullName").

3) Furthermore you don't provide commands such as xaxdir, ysign, xori and zori. I am guessing you should set those values.

For the file container:

1) Consider all the above suggestion for this case as well.

For more support please contact support@flowtech.se.

Best Regards

Matthias

• Upvote 1

Hi Matthias Maasch,

Thank you very much. It was really a great suggestion. According to your instruction, I have modified my IGES, corrected to many errors. I have found some error in my procedures too. However, this time I am going to bother you again. I think you are the best for this issue. 

My program is completed upto 4 iteration but then suddenly it is showing some errors.  I have attached some of my problems, if you kindly go through these , I will be extremely delighted and grateful to you. 

You have already help me a lot. Please help me one more time in these regard as far as possible for you. Thanks in advance again :) 

Regards,

MARUF

post-664-0-67357400-1464976888_thumb.png

post-664-0-30305300-1464976889_thumb.png