Mr. amin ava

Exported model is not smooth

Hi Everyone,

I recently began using CAESES for geometry modeling. I create a duct by sweeping a circle and I export them as iges and sat file. When I open it in Solidworks, Gambit and ICEM, the swept surface isn't as smooth as original model in CAESES and there is gap between base circle and swept surface. I attached the pictures on exported model in Gambit.

What should I do to have a smooth model?

Thanks.

post-665-0-51307300-1463306458_thumb.jpg

post-665-0-70955100-1463306461_thumb.jpg

post-665-0-49037000-1463306462_thumb.jpg

Hey,

May I ask how you export the surface?

I would recommend you to create BRep from your surface and then within the related menu play with the tessellation variables like Max. 3d Edge Length or Angle Tolerance.

You can reach the documentation about BReps and the tessellation by pressing F1 while in the related menu.

Cheers

Ceyhan

The question is: Are there problems in the mathematical output (export), or is it only a rendering i.e. visualization issue.

Hi Joerg and Ceyhan,

Thanks for your answers, For exporting, I choose the surface after modeling and use Export in tab File and create iges file. Actually it isn't visualization problem because it is not a real circle in exported file.

Can you try the same thing not using a sweep transformation or sweep surface, but rather a simple ruled surface (linear connection between two given circles)? Do you have similar problems? Is it a problem of the sweep surface? Do you use a sweep surface at all? Maybe you can upload your project file so that we can take a look.

Thanks

Joerg