Hello,

I need to present my created ship hull and compartments, in 2D views in specified position.

I mean, the transverse sections or buttock or water lines presentation in specified length, breadth or height respectively.

Is there any idea to help?

Cheers

Hamidreza

post-466-0-80591400-1459251091_thumb.jpg

Hi Hamidreza,

please check out our feature Features > Hull Design > Lines Plan from Surfaces. Before executing the feature create a 2D Window via View > New > 2D Window Setup. This will create a proper lines plan.

Another solution could be to simply create sections using the surface sections visualisation in the display options. There you can visualise sections in x, y and z plane. You could create those, then set the 3DView into section mode (bottom tool bar) and take a screenshot in x, y or z plane

I am not quite sure how to present the created compartments. Is there any standard procedure? You could create sections at the specific positions and give them a different color.

Best Regards

Matthias

Hello,

I think Mr. hamid reza asked how to create several identical 2D views with the same scale and position of the entities displayed, similar with copy view/frame of Tecplot.

Am I right?

Best Regards,

Stefan

Hi all,

Thank you Matthias, actually, I prefer the second method in my case, though it is not very user friendly. Also, I didn’t get the point of Mr. Iorga, but I like to suggest an option in future releases or maybe it exists and I don’t know, so please, inform me if there is.

Looking at the some 3D software, there is an option to get a 2D view of a defined arbitrary plan. These “ideal sections” includes all the requested entity of the made objects.for example, if plane is defined as longitudinal bulkhead for a ship, and the requested sectional view plan is defined like[1,0,0], a line can be seen in the section view. Also, these sections  can be viewed in a separate layout (like FFW has in the 2D Window option) and has the  ability of putting dimension lines and notes in that layout.Totally, it is useful for internal layout design.

Cheers,

Hamidreza 

Hi Daniel,

do you open the file in Windows?

Beacuse, the problem is that I created in Linunx and so in WIndows the STL in Windows in empty.

But, you can use with the different examples that you can find in the samples folder.

Cheers,

Carlo