Mr. hamid reza

3D view problem

Hello,

I have produced some features on the sample of the FFW for container ship. It increases the size of the file form 906 k to 8072k, because I added a lot of object in my features.

Finally, I lost the 3D view presentation, I was suspected to the large size and many objects, but as you can see in the attached file, even after removing the objects and new built features, not only the size in not decreases but also the 3D view presentation is not work properly.

I wish , I could upload the main file to show you, but the CAESES site doesn't allow the attachment more than 5M!

Is there any idea to help?

Cheers

Hamidreza 

post-466-0-74248500-1458670745_thumb.jpg

Hi Hamidreza,

First question would be: what is the extent of your model? You set the project units to kilometers (which can be done in the combo box inside the status bar).

As an explanation: the units are used to set the 3dview extensions to an appropriate size and in some exports like iges will be written inside the header.

Typically the units are either set to meters or mm depending on the kind of model. Try to change the units and see if that already helps.

There is also a rather hidden option to reset the view: right click on the tab of the 3dview and choose "reset camera" in the context menu.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Stefan

Hi Stefan

thanks, the 3D view is working now.

but still, the file size is increased with adding the new objects, and even after removing them, it doesn't change.

Is there any option to decrease the size of the file, after removing the created objects? I mean some option like "Purge" in Autocad.

Cheers,

Hamidreza

Hi Hamidreza,

Good that it is working.k

The increasing file size is understandable, since you added new objects. If the actual increase is reasonable, I cannot say, I would have to take a look at the project. What kind of objects are you adding?

The projectfile is automatically "purged" when saving it, however the "working copy" which is the file with the ~ extension stays the same.

Cheers,

Stefan