Sign in to follow this  
Ms. Nabila Naz

Offset from IGES

Hello,

How can I get Shipflow readable offset file from existing IGES file using CAESES-free? I have tried to obtain the offset file from JBC.igs using CAESES but I could not do it. Though it is possible to get offset from iges in Shipflow but the iges file I have, can be imported in CAESES but not supported by Shipflow. 

I have found that CAESES has that option in feature but do not know how to implement it?

Anyone please help me to get offset file JBC(Japan Bulk Carrier)  

Regards,

NAbila

Hi Nabila,

You could pass the IGES file directly to Shipflow which would then create the offsets itself. Please see therefore the tutorial Shpflow CFD Analysis. If you are actually interested in the offset file, you would find it after running Shipflow in the result directory ("geometry_name.off"). From my personal experience this is a good way to obtain an offset file from an IGES which Shipflow accepts.

If you want to create an offset file from an IGES yourself, I recommend to use the feature you mentioned. Here giving some tolerances in x position is very important. Please see the attached file for some details.

If this method doesn't work for you, creating the offsetsgroups yourself is another option. Therefore create the typical section groups from your IGES, create offsetsgroups from sectiongroups and use the cut min max command in order to cut off unwanted offsets. Cut min max command: Select the taget offset group and type into the console ".cutminmax(minX, maxX, minY, maxY, minZ, maxZ)".

Best Regards

Matthias

64_SHIPFLOW_CFD_Analysis.fdb