Mr. BUGRA UGUR YAZICI

domain feature for CFD

Hey,

I've regenerated "Domain Box" feature of CAESES with my own requirements. Whenever i export the geometry i created with this new feature, exported stl geometry doesn't have colours on its surfaces. I couldn't understand why.

You can find feature in attachment.

Besides, i really wonder whether it is possible to select/modify a surface of solid or trimesh. I need to create two closed volume for SC/Cradle CFD software for multiphase ship analysis so that i need to cut my boolean geometry with a plane to create the free surface.

Best Regards.

domainCradle.fdf

domainIssues.fdb

Hey,

I have tested your file and it was working for me, when using "export --> STL (colour)".

Which version of Caeses are you using and on what system?

In case you are not using the newest version of Caeses, it might be helpfull to update it.

Best Regards,

Simon

Hi Simon,

I am using last version of commercial CAESES.

Which software did you use to import this stl file? Because i've imported it both to SC/Cradle Tetra and Hypermesh and colors are absolutely invisible.

Besides, could you help me with the second part of my question about solid intersections/free surface?

Dear Bugra:

The first part I have looked at your CAESES file with Simon.  I have made some changes and you should receive the new file from Simon tomorrow.  You will need to export the file as "Multi-Body STL" instead of "Colored STL" in order to include the boundary information in the file itself.  Also note that a feature has been created in CAESES so that you can assign boundary names according to color.

The second part, in general you should be able to assign volume of fraction to each cell, and you should not need to assign specific volumes to each phase.  This, of course, is software dependent and you might need to consult your respective CFD software's documentation to set this up.

I hope that helps.

Sincerely, Ed.

Hi Simon,

I am using last version of commercial CAESES.

Which software did you use to import this stl file? Because i've imported it both to SC/Cradle Tetra and Hypermesh and colors are absolutely invisible.

Besides, could you help me with the second part of my question about solid intersections/free surface?

If the colors are visible/used in another tools pends on the tool itself.

With the color stl export the colors are written in the corresponding label in the stl file. Therefore if the tool accepts these labels they should be visible. I don't know how Cradle treats these color labels. Maybe they do not support them. Which leads to a no colors.

The multibody stl is a bit different. The color is used to separate the boundaries and the bodies name will be the color name. (Each color will be an individual body inside the stl)

The multibody stl does not support any color labeling therefore the colors won't be visible in Cradle or any other tool.

The two solids:

You would like to have a box for air(upper part) and one for water ( lower part) ?

And should the air and water boundaries also be visual on the inner box?

Take a look at the scope karsten. Not sure if this is what you would like to achieve but maybe it helps.

Cheers,

Karsten

domainIssues002.fdb

If the colors are visible/used in another tools pends on the tool itself.

With the color stl export the colors are written in the corresponding label in the stl file. Therefore if the tool accepts these labels they should be visible. I don't know how Cradle treats these color labels. Maybe they do not support them. Which leads to a no colors.

The multibody stl is a bit different. The color is used to separate the boundaries and the bodies name will be the color name. (Each color will be an individual body inside the stl)

The multibody stl does not support any color labeling therefore the colors won't be visible in Cradle or any other tool.

The two solids:

You would like to have a box for air(upper part) and one for water ( lower part) ?

And should the air and water boundaries also be visual on the inner box?

Take a look at the scope karsten. Not sure if this is what you would like to achieve but maybe it helps.

Cheers,

Karsten

Hey Karsten,

Thank you very much for your quick response. It has solved my problems.

There is a problem with Cradle as you mentioned before, because it is visible with Numeca.

By the way, your solution to solid part is lifesaver for me. Cheers!