Ms. Yanxin Feng

question about the results of the optimization designs

Hi everyone,

My problem is that I could not find the results of the optimization designs. And the icons of scopes of designs became gray. (Please check out the screenshot.)

But I am sure that I do had the results and opened them. I just closed this project for days and when I reopened this project, I found the results had gone...

Is there any way to fix this? Thank you for any advice!

Best,

Yanxin Feng

Hey Yanxin,

first you should check if the resuslts are still on your hard drive. So in the folder where your project is stored there should be a folder with the same name as your project.

E.g. : If your project is named my.fdb there should be a folder called my.

In this folder there should be another folder with the name of the Optimization algorithem you used e.g. 01_Sobol.

Is that the case for you?

Greetings Willy

Hey Willy,

Thanks for your reply. I check my folder. I suppose I got all the folders you mentioned. But still I couldn't find the results window in the interface of CAESES:(

Regards,

Yanxin

Hey Yanxin,

first you should check if the resuslts are still on your hard drive. So in the folder where your project is stored there should be a folder with the same name as your project.

E.g. : If your project is named my.fdb there should be a folder called my.

In this folder there should be another folder with the name of the Optimization algorithem you used e.g. 01_Sobol.

Is that the case for you?

Greetings Willy

post-460-0-68415100-1457344961_thumb.png

post-460-0-94939100-1457344986_thumb.png

Hi Yanxin,

Expand the tree for seeing the designs ...

Cheers

Claus

attachicon.giffindDesigns.png

Hi Claus,

Thanks for your advice. I did that as well. But I can only check single case in this way. I want to export the ".csv" file of the results of the whole group.

Normally I can open each group through the "Design Result Table" window. But now it is lost somehow.

Here is the screenshot of my interface.

Regards,

Yanxin

post-460-0-16195100-1457356194_thumb.png

Hi again,

I think the problem is, that when doing the runs you didn't import a ".csv" file as you can see in your software connector. If you deleted the results automaticly after a run I fear you cant recover them. But if you have the ".csv" files still somewhere you can read them into CAESES through a little trick. That requiers you to run the Sobol again with a dummy as executable (e.g.) Editor or Notepad. Then you can write a feature, that copys the result files from where they are right now to the location of the new "dummy" Sobol (this time the .csv needs to be in the software connector under result values too). This should solve the Problem.

The feature definition would look something like this:

cp(<directory/>+getCurrentDesign().getName()+"/OldSobolName or Directory with the csv", getDesignDir()+"/NewSobolComputationName")

Then create the feature and select it to run infront of the Computation (See Screenshot)

Greetings

Willy

post-327-0-90390000-1457425959_thumb.png

Hi Willy,

Thanks for your solution in detail. I believe that can solve my problem. But my CAESES is version 3.0.19. There is no preprocessing and postprocessing commands...

I decided to calculate it again. Because when I just finish the sobol engine, I can get the results like this (showing in the screenshot).

Thank you all for helping me. 

Best regards,

Yanxin

post-460-0-78132900-1457441746_thumb.png

post-460-0-03909600-1457442755_thumb.png

Hey Yanxin,

It seems that you have closed your result table.

1) You can your CTRL + TAB on your keyboard. This is a similar to the ALT + TAB shortcut you probably know from windows to change windows.

2) The WindowsOverview button lists all available CAESES windows.

first select the button (1) and then select show closed windows (2).

Your result table should be listed below.

post-41-0-32767400-1457539157_thumb.png

Cheers,

Karsten