Mr. Wilson Wang

how to do optimization case by case

I would like to make a series of  optimization for CFD simulaiton. I've tried to use sobol and Tsearch.  

The evaluation values are needed to be calculate in external software and it would take 45 mins one case.

My point is that I'd like to use sobol to do the variation case by case and finish CFD simulation at the end of each case.

Problem is the sobol variation won't stop for evaluation. And Tsearch changes the design variable in a much random way which I do not prefer.

Is there any other way to make that happen?

One more question is that there is a topic about NAPA DXF to CAESES for variation without further information. 

Is there anyone who have sample case? 

Hi,

The Sobol supports parallel evaluation of multiple designs. This means, that it creates a variant, starts the external program(s) and continues to the next design. Once an external program finishes, the results are evaluated for that design. This allows to save time by running multiple evaluations at once.

If you want to run only one external program at a time, you can disable the "asynchronous update" option of the computation. If you want to limit the number of running external processes (e.g. for license or CPU reasons), you can set that number at the Local Application that is used by the computation.

Best regards,

Arne

Hi, Arne

It's working well. Thanks a lot for your help.

Hi,

The Sobol supports parallel evaluation of multiple designs. This means, that it creates a variant, starts the external program(s) and continues to the next design. Once an external program finishes, the results are evaluated for that design. This allows to save time by running multiple evaluations at once.

If you want to run only one external program at a time, you can disable the "asynchronous update" option of the computation. If you want to limit the number of running external processes (e.g. for license or CPU reasons), you can set that number at the Local Application that is used by the computation.

Best regards,

Arne