Guest Mr. Thor Andersen__0003

Feature for creating image surfaces of a large amount of surfaces.

Hi

I am attempting to modify a hull using the Lackenby transformation. The hull originates from an iges file which contains an absurd amount of surfaces, we are talking nearly 6000 patches.

I am looking for a method of creating image surfaces of these in an efficient way. I am thinking a feature definition with a loop of some sort, but I have no experience in creating a for/while function in CAESES. 

Do anyone have any prior experience in this? Either the creation of a large amount of image surfaces referring to a large amount of surfaces or working with for/while commands in CAESES.

Best regards 

Thor Andersen

Hi Tor,

I assume it comes from NAPA, right?

0) switch off the model update, select all surfaces in the import scope Select a 3x3 resolution in the display options.

1) select all the surfaces and create a surface group

2) create an imageSurfacegroup

3) apply the transformation

Cheers

Claus

That is correct. 

Thank you very much!

/Thor

If you want to use the surfaces for meshing, there might still be some issues with twisted corners of collapsed edges that come out of NAPA. In our pro-version there is a healing function which does that automatically. If you zoom in the marked patches and set them into edit mode, you can do that manually in the free version, too.

Cheers

Claus