Mr. hamid reza

updateing the features

Hi everyone

I am creating a feature based on the produced curves and parameters to be used in the curve engine and finally meta surface generation.

It seems, after creating a feature, there is not possibility to change the based curve, I mean when I change the curves after feature creation, I can’t see automatic update on the created feature.

Instead of creating a new feature, is there any option to update the existing feature for the new changes of the curves?

Cheers

Hamidreza 

Hi,

Looks like there are some problems in your case - the created (persistent) feature should update. Make sure that "Recreate on Update" is active (select the feature and check the object editor). Is it?

Cheers

Joerg

post-8-0-83652400-1446473589_thumb.png

Hi Joerg

I checked these option, they seems according to your instruction.

as you can see , in the attached sample, the feature of "F_Sec01" won't change automatically, with the changing the scope of "Sec01", for example the if  I change the parameter of "bilge_Coe", the poly line change accordingly , but there is not any change in the feature of "F_Sec01", consequently the Meta surface would not change,

the only solution in my CEASES 3.1.4 is changing the value manually in the feature editor.is there other solution?

Cheers

Hamidreza 

sam.fdbc

Hey Hamidreza,

If you have created a feature definition from selection. The created feature definition is not any more reference or depending on these objects.

You need to change the feature definition in the create function tab directly.

This behavior is the desired one.

So after  you have created a feature definition from selection you can also delete the objects in the object tree and the feature (if you have created it right click "create Feature") still works.

This also means if you change the objects in the object tree (the feature definition has been created with)

this does not change the feature definition at all. Because the are depending on each other.

Hope this helps to understand the reason for the not changing feature definition. 

In your case: create a new feature definition from selection or change the former created feature definition.

If you still have problems let me know. :-)

Cheers,

Karsten