Hi CAESES Team,

I was trying to use CAESES software as a hullform generator.The parametric model has been generated already. The next step is to link the CAESES with another optimisation software ModeFrontier through Visual Basic Application in Excel.

This is the reference I used:

https://www.caeses.com/forum/index.php?/topic/284-batch-mode/%3fview=getnewpost

In VBA, "Shell" function is used to run the batch file. But the process stopped before the batch file trying to open CAESES software (I put all the files in a same folder already). 

Image 1: run batch file manually

Image 2: run batch file through VBA (stopped with this status)

Image 3: .bat

Image 4: input (.fsc)

I am wondering, is there any special reference or setting I should add in controlling CAESES automation? 

I got stuck in this problem for a few days. Could someone help me to solve this problem? Thank you very much!

post-438-0-20585800-1440775407_thumb.jpg

post-438-0-05383500-1440775412_thumb.jpg

post-438-0-19425800-1440775529_thumb.jpg

post-438-0-85359400-1440775531_thumb.jpg

Dear Haipeng,

The batch mode only works for the pro edition of CAESES - this is obviously not your problem here, but maybe a good information for other users.

Have you tried to export the hull form, and to close the project and also CAESES after all (as shown in that post you've mentioned)? See this screenshot again: post-8-0-89703000-1441002983_thumb.png

It seems that the project gets opened, and maybe the value has been set. But in your fsc-file, there is nothing else such as an export or closing CAESES again. Running CAESES in batch mode should be super easy, so maybe there is a problem that I haven't seen yet in your setup?!

Dear Haipeng,

Have you tried to export the hull form, and to close the project and also CAESES after all (as shown in that post you've mentioned)? See this screenshot again: attachicon.gifsweepfsc.png

It seems that the project gets opened, and maybe the value has been set. But in your fsc-file, there is nothing else such as an export or closing CAESES again. Running CAESES in batch mode should be super easy, so maybe there is a problem that I haven't seen yet in your setup?!

Dear Joerg,

Thank you very much for your reply!

I had those export and closing information at the end. Because the input information is long so I didn't show this part in last example. If I run the batch file manually, I don't have any problem in getting the new hullform. The problem is when I link the .fsc file to VBA, batch file stopped before opening the project in CAESES. 

I am eager to link the batch file to ModeFrontier, do you know any other way to do this? 

Thanks a lot for the help in advance!

1. What exactly do you mean with "link the .fsc file to VBA"? You have to figure out the difference when running it manually or through your other process chain (working directories, relative and absolute paths etc). From your information, it is a bit tricky to make a guess.

ModeFrontier: You mean, you want to trigger the batch file from within ModeFrontier, right? This should be rather easy, I guess by looking into their documentation.