Mr. Graeme McGuire

Caeses-FFW.exe fails to launch

I had installed Caeses on my laptop and it works OK. Then I installed on my desktop and initially it worked OK (Win7 x64) but after a system crash programme it will no longer launch. It just shows start-up per enclosed picture.  I have un-installed and re-installed several times.  I have cleaned registry etc. but still will not work.  I am using the same email address for both installations.  Please assist.

Thanks,

Graeme McGuire

post-367-0-17378500-1433728989_thumb.png

Dear Graeme,

Currently we do not experience any problems with the license server.

Regarding the start-up problem, please try to manually reset CAESES to factory settings. Please open a windows explorer (Win-Key + E) and enter

%APPDATA%/friendship/etc

into the address bar. Delete all files in that directory. Then try to start CAESES again.

Best regards,

Arne

• Upvote 1

Hi Arne, thanks for quick reply.  I did exactly as you said but all I get is that notice saying "connecting to license server....sending registration data" and then it goes no further.  Since I had originally registered on my laptop what I am doing now is entering my email addess and password and checking the "already registered" box.

Hi Graeme,

Our license expert is already looking into this.

Here's another thing you can try:
Search your computer for the file "FS_LICENSE_SHM2" (it's probably located in the path "C:\ProgramData\boost_interprocess") and delete that file manually. After that try to start CAESES again.

Best regards,

Arne

Hello Arne, brilliant, I deleted FS_LICENSE_SHM2 and all is good.  The programme launched OK.  I want to ask some more questions about how to approach some specific modelling which I will open under General Modelling section.  Meanwhile, can you explain what the different licenses mean?  I registered under free but I saw options for float/local licenses, what does this mean and will there be any benefit If I choose one of these?

Thank you again for your kind attention.

Regards,

Graeme McGuire

Hi Graeme,

Glad that it worked.

For a comparison of CAESES free vs the commercial version, please see the chart on this page: https://www.caeses.com/products/caeses-free/

You can get a free two weeks trial license for the full version by selecting "License Upgrade" from the "Help" menu and selecting "Non-commercial Trial License Registration".

If you are interested in a quotation for the full version, please send an email to sales@friendship-systems.com

Best regards,

Arne