Hello,

I was wondering if there's a connection between LCF, area of WL, etc., in order to find out a proper distance from the transom (let's say) to the tangent point, from which the half entrance angle iE is measured.

Sadly, I can't find any reference for this matter.

See the attached image.

Thank very much,

Stefan

post-215-0-56339800-1432013551_thumb.png

Hi,

So far you cannot access any of the information for calculating your quantities by using the hydro computation. Hmmm.... I don't have a good spontaneous idea, sorry....

Cheers

Joerg

Hello,

I forgot to tell you that this topic is unrelated to Caeses. Is just a general matter, because when you chose a random tangent point along the waterline you get different entrance angles.

Shortly, I'd like to know if it's a standard procedure to measure the entrance angle.

Thank you very much!

Maybe the curve command

getTan()

is what you are looking for? You can ask any curve for their tangent angle in a given plane at a specific parameter position. The parameter position can also be received from an intersection at a certain elevation using

fv()

or

ft()

Just check out the FCurve documentation... does this help?

Cheers

Joerg

Hi Iorga,

to be honest, I was not aware that you should take a point somewhere along the WL to define the entrance angle. I usually use the actual tangent value at the very forward end of the WL as entrance angle value. Why would you define it in the way you described?

Cheers,

Mattia

Hello,

I mentioned in the previous post that this is not Caeses related, sorry for misunderstanding.

Let's say we have a given hull, open it in Rhino, project a line from side and get the full load draft waterline shape seen from top.

Is there a specific method, empirical or other way, to evaluate for that given hull it's entrance angle?

I mean, how do I choose the tangent point along the WL curve? 

Thank you,

Stefan

Hello,

Sorry for the long delay, I was away from a computer these days.

I want to thank you for the replies, though, I can't find a specific method yet. Hmm, I will ask my teachers, and post it back here, maybe someone else is interested about this topic.

Kind regards,

Stefan