Jörg

TurboGrid Import for Visualizing *.curve Files

Hi together,

Please find attached a CAESES project file that contains 2 different feature definitions in order to import and visualize TurboGrid (*.curve) files.

You can export these definitions for reuse in your own projects. The hub and shroud curves can be imported, as well as the sectional blade data. Just enter the files into the editors of the given features in the object tree. A simple skinning is applied to the 3D sections so that a blade surface gets generated.

I hope someone else can also make use of it. Feel free to modify the feature definitions to your needs. If you are interested in more information about this scripting, then check out this page.

Cheers

Joerg

PS: you need to use CAESES version >= 3.1.3

turbogridimport.fdb

post-8-0-61184000-1425042736_thumb.png

Please find attached a slightly modified version which works well also for my other examples...

Just put it into your features folder of your FRIENDSHIP application data (in my case this is...AppData\Roaming\friendship\features). Then it will appear in the GUI of CAESES. post-8-0-90305400-1427200872_thumb.png

Cheers

Joerg

ImportTurboGrid_Blade.fdf

ImportTurboGrid_Contour.fdf

Dear Joerg,

is there a possibility within the export to vary the number of exported points for each section in dependency of the curvature?

When i am exporting a low number of points e.g. 200, the blade looks fine except the trailing edge. It looks very angular and is some kind of partially cropped.

When i am exporting a high number of points e.g. 3000, the entire geometry looks fine but it is really time consuming to export it to turbogrid.

Cheers

Bastian

post-1110-0-02397000-1553156893_thumb.png

post-1110-0-38941400-1553158871_thumb.png

Probably, there is also a way within the export feature to change the parameterization of the exported curves, so that you have a higher density at highly curved regions (while still using e.g. 50 or 100 points).